Whelp…it finally happened…
I’m in my late 20’s *que the tears*
If you’re anything like me, this is a day you never thought was going to happen, haha. I’ll be honest…I don’t feel 27. I still feel 18, just with more experience and knowledge and more responsibilities. I’m not one to have birthday celebrations every. Every other year if I’m lucky. But…I do believe that there is always something to learn about yourself. If you know me, you know I’m all about personal development and becoming a better version of you.
1. Live in the moment. Always stop to smell the roses, but don’t forget about your future. Find balance.
2. You’re going to date some assholes, and that’s okay. It will make you appreciate the “the one” so much more.
3. You are going to get hurt. By friends, lovers, family and even people you don’t even know. Learn to let that shit go.
4. Not everyone is going to like you. Sucks for them.
5. Chase your dreams and never settle.
6. The people that are meant to be in your life, will always find a way back in it.
7. Gaining weight isn’t the end of the world, but learn to eat healthy and take care of your body. You only have one.
8. Adventures are always a must.
9. The only person you need to make you happy is yourself.
10. Learn to except you as you are. Love yourself first.
11. Stop worrying about the things you can’t change. It’ll just make you sick and stressed the fuck out.
12. Be the most positive and enthusiastic person you know.
13. It’s never too late to have a happy childhood. But the second is up to you and no one else.
14. Be eccentric now. Don’t wait till your old.
15. Never take no for an answer.
16. Burn those candles. Wear that sexy lingerie. Buy nice sheets and use them. Don’t save them for a special occasion. Today is special.
17. Always pack more than you need. You never know what adventures might come up.
18. Your children only get one childhood. Make it a memorable one.
19. Miracles do happen. Get your ass outside and find them!
20. We all have our problems, but if we threw ours in a pile with everyone else’s…we’d grab ours back in a heartbeat after seeing theirs.
21. If you don’t ask, the answer is always no.
22. Life is a bitch. But it’s still a gift to be thankful for.
23. Take are of you first. You are no good to anyone if you don’t.
24. Love passionately.
25. It’s okay to feel so deeply it hurts. It doesn’t mean you’re weak to show emotions, it means you are strong and have a big heart. Others should be jealous.
26. Always give second chances. But never a third.
27. Do not fear death. But the unlived life.
And there you have it. 27 life lessons.
We all have negative events that happen in our life. Put that shit in the past and move on. Don’t let those things steal your happiness. If you want to be happy, then be it. Simple. I don’t want to look back on my life when I’m 80 and think, “Shit, I should have done this, or that. And I should have told that person I cared about them. And I should have taken that trip. Etc…”.
If you are not on the path you want to be on…change it. Just like when you make a wrong turn in a vehicle. You turn around. Same goes for life.
Change your perspective. Change your life.