If you don’t love pizza…I don’t think we can be friends. I just don’t know if it’s going to work out…
But we know that pizza doesn’t always look good in a bikini so I have found a happy medium so I don’t feel like I’m missing out on all the goodies 🙂 And who doesn’t love having MORE TREATS more often like pizza and not watching the scale go up? (not that the scale matters…but you know what I’m saying right?)
I hope you enjoy this yummy recipe as much as I did (and will continue too)!
The will make about 3-4 mini personal pizzas.
- 1 cup almond flour (or coconut flour)
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp of coconut oil/extra virgin olive oil (I used coconut oil)
- dash of sea salt and pepper
- dash of baking soda
- add any other seasoning you would like on your pizza (i used crushed red pepper, garlic powder and some basil)
- about 1/4 – 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- pizza toppings (I added some bell peppers, onions and some ground turkey. You can add whatever you would like though)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In a bowl, mix all your ingredients together.
- Make about 3-4 small balls of dough.
- Put down a large piece of wax paper down on your working surface, but large enough to cover the pan you plan baking the pizza in. Place the balls of dough on the wax paper with enough room between them. Place another sheet of wax paper on top of the dough balls.
- Using a rolling pin, roll the dough to the desired thickness. Don’t go too thin or it won’t be sturdy.
- Move the wax paper with the dough on to the pan your baking with.
- Remove the top piece of wax paper and bake for about 10 minutes or until the dough is crispy.
- Take the dough out of the oven and place your tomato sauce and toppings on the cooked dough. **Note: if you are using a lot of toppings, it’s a good idea to precook them*
- Bake again for about 10-15 minutes.
- Now, ENJOY!
I would love to hear your feedback on this, so please feel free to leave some comments below on your thoughts 🙂